Monday, May 20, 2013

[Electronic] Pretty Lights "A Color Map of the Sun" Teaser


Derek Vincent Smith aka Pretty Lights has been hard at work on his new album A Color Map of The Sun and as a huge Pretty Lights fan I could not be more excited. He released this teaser a few days ago showing a glimpse of how he made some of the records on the album and from what I saw (and heard) I definitely feel like we're in for something special. Derek stated that while working on this album he tried something completely different from what he or many other electronic artist had done in the past, instead of digging through endless vinyls to find samples he decided to create his own.  I can honestly say I've never heard a bad Pretty Lights song and it looks like this album will be no different. A Color Map of the Sun staying true to Derek's beliefs will be available for free in addition to being sold on vinyl, CD, and through iTunes. Make sure to get it when it's released on July 2nd!

"This is a raw analog tape recording that I pressed to vinyl in order to sample for my album "A Color Map of the Sun" - Pretty Lights

0 comments:

Post a Comment